Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Closing Time

It’s here…the Festival is over, and now everything’s just wrapping up, as I site here watching So You Think You Can Dance.

I guess I’m going to finish this touching on two aspects of my internship, my internship in and of itself, and my internship with regards to (ultimately) my thesis for the Arts Management Program at AU.

With my internship, with regards to marketing partnerships through the Button Discount, I’ve got to line up several for September. As far as press, I’m putting together the archive of all the press from this year. There are several featured articles and reviews I have hard copies of, but for the most part I’m printing out the articles from online. In addition to that, I’m creating a spreadsheet with the names of the articles, the publications their from, the media they were distributed in, the kind of article they are, and a hyperlink to the web page.

And this actually kinda segues into my working thesis. In talking to our publicist, and tracking the press (tv, print, and online), it’s really interesting to see how members of various communities and demographics respond to the festival and relevant performances in it and how easy it’s becoming to keep track of that as more media make their content available online.

So I’m thinking about what about communities and the arts I can pull into a thesis. I have a feeling that one of the classes I’ll be taking in the fall will help clarify this; it’s called ‘Art, Community and Diversity’:

“Theoretical and practical examination of multicultural art forms and their implications for managers, including the theory and practice of community cultural development.”

We’ll see what happens. In the meantime, check out the Photos from the Closing Night Party on Facebook: Part 1 & Part 2.

That’s it for this blog. Hope you enjoyed joining me with my summer exploits.

Wanna contact me? Email me at a.way.of.life.0@gmail.com. That’s the number “0” and not the letter “O”.

Otherwise, see you next year at the 5th Annual Capital Fringe Festival,


JR